Wyred 4 Sound
Sonos Port - Modified
Sonos Port Upgrade
Sonos has done it again. About 14 years ago, they released the ZP-80 which evolved to the ZP-90 and then the Connect and we've upgraded thousands in the last 12+ years.
Starting from scratch, they designed the new "Port" to be smaller, more capable, better looking and better perfoming. We were suprised when they announced the discontinuation of the Connect as they have been around for so long but the time has come and rightfully so!
The SONOS Port is a fabulous product. Massive amounts of time have spent on design and It has one of the best interfaces around. It's obvious the efforts put into the functionality and the time spent on the audio quality - almost enough. This is where we come in as it is indeed a product worthy of a Wyred 4 Sound modification. We can transform this great product into a killer sonic bargain. Why? Because it's built well, has many bells, but no whistles. We will make up for the last 20% that makes the product a joy to listen to.
This upgrade entirely bypasses the AKM audio circuit and the associated high jitter clocks. The mod was designed to integrate the SONOS system into your high end audio system through an external DAC. This new custom board is installed in the SONOS and directly converts the I²S into up-sampled SPDIF. This new ultra clean low jitter signal is now available through the replaced Coax digital output. The SPDIF output sample rate is fixed to the popular most popular 96kHz sample rate.
Some DACs can miss-read the status bits for the proper resolution when outputting the signal at 96kHz causing problems with playback such as listing the incorrect resolution. If a Wyred 4 Sound DAC is being used then the 96kHz will work properly.
- Purchase the upgrade by adding this item to your cart.
- Next, complete the order form and submit payment information.
- After receiving your order and payment information you will receive an email order confirmation with an order number on it.
- Pack your unit in the original factory packaging and write the sales order number clearly on the outside of the box. Include a copy of the sales order that was emailed to you inside the box. You do not need to include accessories such as the power cord, manual, etc.
- Send the package (fully insured with freight prepaid) to our facility. (Check the Contact page for our current address)
- Once your unit is received it will be modified by our technicians on a first come first serve basis. You can check on the status of your upgrade by emailing -firstname.lastname@example.org
- After the unit is upgraded and fully tested it will be returned to you at the address provided on the order form. We will email a completed invoice and tracking number so you can follow the progress of your upgraded SONOS!
Please be aware that any hardware modification will void the original Sonos warranty and may result in an inability to receive future hardware upgrades to Sonos devices.
Wyred 4 Sound is not affiliated with Sonos, Inc. Sonos and Connect are trademarks or registered trademarks of Sonos,. Inc. in the US and other countries.
The warranty period for the Wyred 4 Sound modded Sonos is one (1) year.
High-end sample rate converter made by AKM
- Ultra Low jitter Femto clock
- Ultra Low noise power supply for the clock and SR
- Input & output digital buffers