Wyred 4 Sound DACs are outstanding units loaded with features at a price that is a bargain! The two models differ in ways that will allow you to pick the one which best fits your needs and budget. We are often asked what the primary differences are between the units and for this reason have listed them here for your convenience.
- The DAC-2 has volume control and a remote control which allow it to function as a standalone pre-amp. The DAC-1 does not have volume control or a remote control.
- The DAC-2 USB is 24/192 asynchronous as compared to the 24/96 Asynchronous USB which the DAC-1 uses.
- The DAC-2 has the HT bypass feature which is very useful for Home Theater applications. The DAC-1 does not have HT bypass.
- Our DAC-2 also has a 12V trigger!
- You will also find that the DAC-2 has two additional digital inputs which consist of I2S and AES/EBU.
- The DAC-2 utilizes Wyred 4 Sound Low ESR super-caps which offer improved sonic performance.
These feature differences are certainly notable but some will find that the DAC-1 suits their needs perfectly and at a lower price! For those of you looking for any of the features exclusive to the DAC-2 the choice is clear.