"The DAC-2v2SE is a definite step up in sonic quality from the previous version."
- Jeff R., customer
Be sure to click on the 'Feedback' link mid-page for more testimonials on this fantastic upgrade!
Upgrade your original DAC-2, DAC-2 DSD or DAC-2 DSDse to the new DAC-2v2 or DAC-2v2SE.
Send your unit to us for this exclusive upgrade to the new DAC-2v2 or DAC-2v2SE!
- Purchase the upgrade by adding this item to your cart.
- Next, complete the order form and submit payment information.
- After receiving your order and payment information you will receive an email order confirmation with an order number on it.
- Pack your unit in the original factory packaging and write the sales order number clearly on the outside of the box. Include a copy of the sales order that was emailed to you inside the box. You do not need to include accessories such as the power cord, remote control, manual, etc. If you do not have the original packaging we can ship a complete set to you for a fee.
- Send the package (fully insured with freight prepaid) to our facility. (See Contact page for our address).
- Once your unit is received it will be modified by our technicians on a first come first serve basis. You can check on the status of your upgrade by emailing - email@example.com
- After the unit is upgraded and fully tested it will be returned to you at the address provided on the order form. We will email a completed invoice and tracking number so you can follow the progress of your upgraded v2 DAC!
Femto-Grade Master Clock Option*
Accuracy and overall quality of the master clock are crucial to obtaining optimum sound quality. The standard clock is no slouch but you now have the option to upgrade to the highest grade component available in its class. Implementation of this femto grade clock optimizes audio quality by lowering phase jitter by over 80% as well as greatly reducing phase noise in the digital circuit. Clocks of this grade are typically found in DAC's retailing for $6K or more. We highly recommend choosing this clock option if you do not already have it installed!
*Note for owners of DAC-2 (non-DSD) with Femto clock upgrading to the DAC-2v2 or 2v2SE: If you own a DAC-2 (non-DSD) and had the Femto clock upgrade done, be aware that the older clock in your unit is not compatible with the new DAC-2v2. If you would like to retain the Femto clock, you will need to re-purchase the Femto clock as part of your 2v2 upgrade. Choose the "Upgraded Femto clock" option in the Master Clock Option drop down menu. If you are unsure, call or email us with the serial # of your unit and we can look it up.
*Note for owners of original DAC-2 DSDSE made before March 2014: If you own an original DAC-2 DSDse made prior to March, 2014 and you are upgrading to the new 2v2SE, please know that your DAC did NOT come standard with the Femto clock. Unless you got the Femto clock upgraded separately, you will need to add it to your order by choosing the "Upgraded Femto clock" option in the Master Clock Option drop down menu if you would like it. If you are unsure, call or email us with the serial # of your unit and we can look it up.
2v2SE Upgrades—Experience the all-new reference 9038PRO chip
Those who upgrade to the 2v2SE version will get the top-of-the-line 9038PRO chip. This new chip offers completely state-of-the-art performance and specs; one of the best (if not THE best) DAC chip on the market today. Your new 2v2SE DAC will be your new absolute digtal reference!
Complete the look: Upgrade to the new V2 top cover
To commemorate the release of the new V2 series DACs, we've updated the top cover with the "V2" moniker in the title and replaced the silver option with a gorgeous new color: Anthracite Metallic Gray. Replace your original DAC cover with a new V2 cover to complete the look of your new, upgraded DAC!