This is a significant upgrade in sound and reliability. SSDs are superior to their traditional Hard Disk Drive (HDD) counterparts in many ways.
- This option is to upgrade to either 1 or 2TB. Note, the 1TB is only available for the MS-1.
- Solid State Drives have no moving or mechanical parts and feature flash-based memory.
- Shock resistant up to 1500g/0.5ms. Traditional HDDs consist of various moving parts making them susceptible to shock and damage.
- Significant reliability increase. Typical HDDs last 3-5 years. SSD drives can last up to 30 years.
- Up to 100 times greater performance, almost instantaneous data access, quicker boot ups, faster file transfers compared with HDD.
- Much quieter than HDDs.
Procedure to upgrade your existing Wyred 4 Sound Music Server (MS-1 or MS-2):
- Choose the correct option (1TB or 2TB) under 'Select Options'
- Purchase the upgrade by adding this item to your cart.
- Next, complete the order form and submit payment information.
- After receiving your order and payment information you will receive an email order confirmation with an order number on it.
- Pack your unit in the original factory packaging and write the sales order number clearly on the outside of the box. Include a copy of the sales order that was emailed to you inside the box. You do not need to include accessories such as the power cord, remote control, manual, etc. If you do not have the original packaging we can ship a complete set to you for a fee.
- Send the package (fully insured with freight prepaid) to our facility. (Check the Service page for our current address)
- Once your unit is received it will be modified by our technicians on a first come first serve basis. You can check on the status of your upgrade by emailing - email@example.com
- After the unit is upgraded and fully tested it will be returned to you at the address provided on the order form. We will email a completed invoice and tracking number so you can follow the progress of your upgraded unit!
Now available for order!
Typical upgrade time is 3-5 business days once the unit reaches our facility.