For those that need it, we offer an upgraded Recovery board that addresses a rare incompatibility with certain DACs. Common indicators that you need the update are:
- Your DAC is no longer recognized by the computer when using Recovery
- Your computer displays an 'excessive power on USB port' type message
- Both Recovery LEDs are lit, but no sound
The reason behind this is that the DAC you are attempting to use requires a higher-than-normal inrush from the USB port, causing the Recovery to go into 'protect' mode and effectively stop communication between your computer and DAC. The update to the Recovery board will allow for this higher power requirement from your DAC. Note -- this is for Rev. A Recoverys only. Rev. B and later do not require a board update.
- Purchase the update (below) in the quantity needed, plus return shipping.
- Print out and include the email sales order inside the Recovery package
- Send back the Recovery(s) to us for update. IMPORTANT: Just send the Recovery unit(s) in original packaging. Do NOT include the power supply or USB cable.
- Once received, we will update the board and ship the Recovery(s) back to you
Wyred 4 Sound
4235 Traffic Way
Atascadero, CA USA
Please note: the updated Recovery has a new DC safe operating voltage range of 6v - 9v.