Wyred 4 Sound
Stemming from our highly successful Sonos Connect modifications, we are pleased to introduce a uniquely revolutionary product, the Remedy reclocker. This highly advanced digital reclocking device removes digital errors and drastically improves jitter utilizing an incredible Femto-grade clock. Pair the Remedy with the DAC of your choice and transform your favorite consumer digital source into a truly audiophile-worthy component!Typical Remedy installation into your system:
Digital source (Apple TV, Airport Express, etc) >> Remedy >> DAC
Recommended applications include: Sonos Connect, Apple TV & Airport Express, Squeezebox Duet & Touch, iPod docks and many more! The SPDIF output's sample rate is factory configured to 96kHz. Some DACs can miss-read the status bits for the proper resolution when outputting the signal at 96kHz causing problems with playback; for example displaying the incorrect resolution. If a Wyred 4 Sound DAC is being used then the 96kHz will work properly. For compatibility we can set the output to 44.1, 48, 88.2, or 96kHz. If your DAC is only capable of a lower resolution please let us know to set the Remedy to the proper resolution. Please add this request to the comments section on the order form.
- Utilizes an incredible Femto-grade clock
- Superior jitter reduction (click for measurements)
- 96kHz output sampling frequency*
- Toslink and Coaxial digital inputs
- Toslink, Coaxial, BNC digital outputs (all active from any input)
- Digital inputs support up to 24/192kHz!
- Can be used to convert connections (optical in and coax out, etc)
- 9VDC power supply included
- 5 year warranty
- Note: works with 2-channel PCM signals only, not surround sound formats
FAQ: "I have one of your DACs with the Femto clock. Is there still a benefit to getting a Remedy or Recovery?"
The short answer is yes, as the two clocks do different things. For the complete answer, click here.
*Some older DACs cannot accept this high of sample rate. Double check your DAC to be sure.
- Recommend DC input: 9v, 1A. Safe voltage range: 7v - 12v
- Dimensions: 3.5" x 3.5" x 1"