Wyred 4 Sound
Looking for an elite pre-amp designed for the most critical listener? Look no further than our STP-SE. The ‘SE’ stands for special edition and as our customers and reviewers will tell you, this piece of equipment is special, indeed.
The STP-SE’s stellar performance and upgrades begin with its wires: Kimber Kable’s patented TCSS wiring, a highly passive multi-gauge, continuous strand pure copper that allows for greater dielectric movement than most other wires in its class. We then add our trademark Low ESR "Super Cap,” an extremely low noise floor (<6µV Passive, <18µV active) and a fully balanced circuit and the results are spectacular 3-D imaging and instrument placement.
A 25A Schottky bridge rectifier connected through 164,560+µF of capacitance via our proprietary TRR (Triple-Ripple-Reduction) power supply circuit ensures exceptionally clean power delivery to optimize audio quality. Standard operation in a passive state and gain to boost the signal only when needed brings you the utmost fidelity. The STP-SE’s resistor ladder volume control, built with our discrete proprietary design, guarantees the STP-SE’s volume control is clean, accurate, and transparent.
Stage 1 Upgrade
Our available Stage 1 STP-SE upgrade features 24 Vishay Z-Foil resistors, four premium inductors, four Schottkey diodes. These enhancements which focus on the power supply and input/output buffer circuits present greater fidelity and definition.
Stage 2 Upgrade
The Stage 2 upgrade, includes all of the above plus our discrete proprietary regulators, an upgraded IEC inlet, 48 Vishay Z-Foil resistors located in the resistor ladder volume control, 16 upgraded high frequency filter capacitors, an Premium upgraded fuse, and a green OLED display. Direct attention to the signal path throughout the volume control and filtering circuit yields major enhancements to an already exceptional product.
Standard STP-SE Features:
- Input / Output wiring upgraded to Kimber Tcss wire
- 2nd stage filtering caps (4-22,000uf caps) are upgraded to the Wyred 4 Sound Low ESR "SUPER CAP" designed for power supplies
- Vacuum Fluorescent Display (VFD)
- Optical rotary encoder (volume knob)
- Fully functional remote control
- 12V DC Trigger input (to automatically activate HT Bypass mode)
- Two - 12V DC Trigger outputs
- Home Theater bypass (customizable for any input, also DC Trigger input selected)
- Balance control
- Absolute phase control (0°/180°)
- Efficient (no heat)
- Tripple-ripple reduction circuit contains 164,560uF of capacitance
- Extremely low noise floor
- Fully balanced input to output
- Buffered passive/active design
- Automatically switched in Line Stage (when more volume is needed)
- Discrete volume control using dale RN55d resistors
- Unbalanced to Balanced conversion (when RCA input selected and XLR outputs are being used)
- Idle power consumption = 15w
- Rugged construction
- ½” Machined and Anodized front panels
- 60kΩ input impedance
- 3 sets of gold plated unbalanced (RCA) inputs
- 2 sets of gold plated unbalanced (RCA) outputs
- 2 sets of Neutrik Balanced (XLR) inputs
- 2 sets of Neutrik Balanced (XLR) outputs
- Factory Selectable mains 115/230VAC
- Compact size (17”W x 4”H x 13”D)
- 22 lbs.
- Covered by a 5 YEAR WARRANTY
Stage 1 Upgrade Adds...
- 4 Schottkey diodes
- 4 premium inductors
- 24 Vishay Z-Foil resistors
Stage 2 Upgrade Adds...
- All upgrades in Stage 1
- Premium upgraded Fuse
- Upgraded IEC inlet
- W4S discrete regulators
- 48 Vishay Z-Foil resistors located in the resistor ladder volume control
- 16 upgraded high frequency filter capacitors
- Green OLED display
Note: Due to the expensive specialty parts as well as the extensive labor involved with the upgrade, Stage 1 and Stage 2 STP-SE orders are non-refundable.
- Typical THD+N 20Hz-20kHz (A Wt) @ 2V: <0.003%
- Noise (A Wt / Vol ≤ 63): < 6µV
- Noise (A Wt / Vol ≥ 64): < 18µV
- Noise 20Hz-20kHz (Vol ≤ 63): < 9µV
- Noise 20Hz-20kHz (Vol ≥ 64): < 27µV
- Frequency Response 20Hz-20kHz: ± 0.020db
- Channel Tracking (All Steps): < ± 0.050db
- IMD: < 0.002%
- Crosstalk 20Hz-20kHz (Vol ≤ 63): > 106db
- Crosstalk 20Hz-20kHz (Vol ≥ 64): > 96db
- Output Impedance (Vol ≤ 63): 113Ω (50Ω for Stage 1 or Stage 2)
- Output Impedance (Vol ≥ 64): 78Ω
- Input Impedance: 60.4kΩ
- 6db gain
- Maximum Output Voltage: 9V RMS
STP MANUAL v2.2.pdf (Size: 124.29 KB)