Wyred 4 Sound
PS-1 Modular Linear Power Supply
For DC powered devices, replacing the standard 'wall wart' switching mode power supply with a robust, quiet linear power supply can reap huge sonic benefits. For years, customers who purchased our award-winning "micro" products (Remedy, bLINK, µDAC, Recovery, etc.) have asked us if we also made a linear power supply to increase their performance, but our answer was always an unfortunate "no." No longer! The new PS-1 modular linear power supply is a truly innovative product at an affordable cost.
In the crowded world of linear power supply units, the modular design of the PS-1 is unique. Most power supplies are a fixed voltage and made to power a single product. Some power supplies offer dual (and in the rare instance, more than two) outputs with different voltages. A very rare number of power supplies offer more than one output AND allow the user to select the voltage. Typically, these power supplies are large, heavy and ridiculously expensive. And none, to our knowledge, are truly modular. Enter the PS-1.
It's modular and user-friendly
The beauty of the new PS-1 starts with an emphasis on real value: it's modular design allows up to four devices to be powered at once, and they can even be different voltages! The PS-1 has four power zones in back. Each power zone holds a power module. Each power module can be set to one of four voltages (5v, 9v, 12v, 15v) and can power one device. To change the voltage, simply slide out the module, move the internal switch to the new voltage, and slide it back in. The front panel's LED display instantly tells you which zone(s) and voltages are in use. Additional power modules can be purchased as needed, ensuring that now and in the future, you won't have to worry about powering your devices.
It's compact and affordable
The new PS-1 is just 6.25" x 8.25" x 3.25". Additionally, since it is made out of extremely sturdy but lightweight material, most of the weight comes from it's very robust R-core transformer. Compared to other power supplies the size and weight of some amplifiers, the compactness of the PS-1 makes it extremely easy to place and work with.
- It's awesome
The PS-1 offers real value and innovation. No longer do you need to pay hundreds of dollars (or more) for a power supply that only powers one device. The PS-1's modularity allows it to grow as your system does. Its price, performance level and real flexibility makes the PS-1 the new standard bearer in power supply units!
- Music streamers
- Network switches
- Anything needing up to 2A maximum and 15v draw
Purchasing notes: The PS-1 base unit is $399, power module not included. Add power modules (one for each device you wish to power) from the 'Power modules' dropdown below. Each power module is user-selectable for 5, 9, 12 or 15v.
- Order up to four regular power modules for devices up to 1A each.
- Order one high-current module as long as max power draw is 3A or less
- Order one regular power module and one high-current power module as long as max power draw on the high current module is 3A or less.
Each power module comes standard with one 1 meter long, 5.5mm (OD - outer diameter) x 2.1mm (ID - inner diameter) male barrel plug DC cable to connect your device. This is a very typical barrel plug size that fits most DC inputs, but please double check yours to be sure. Should you need to substitute for a cable with a 2.5mm (ID) connector, tell us how many you need to substitute using the "DC cable 2.1mm to 2.5mm" dropdown.
- Unique modular design allows up to four devices to be powered at once!*
- Buy additional power modules as needed—the PS-1 grows as your system does
- Each power module comes with one 1m long DC power cable to connect to your device
- Each power zone is independent and can be set to any of the four specified voltages.
- Robust, powerful R-core transformer for quiet, clean, reliable power to all of your devices
- Compact, lightweight chassis made of high-quality composite, acrylic and aluminum
- LED front display indicates which zones are in use and their voltage
*Four devices assumes up to 1A per device.
- Up to four power zones can be operated independently. User-selectable to 5v, 9v, 12v or 15v
- 2.1mm (inner), 5.5mm (outer diameter) male coaxial/barrel plug with positive center pin
- Regular current power modules for devices up to 1A
- High-current power modules for devices up to 3A maximum, 2A continuous
- PS-1 dimensions: 8.25" x 6.25" x 3.25"
Test conditions 12v/0.75A:
- Noise: less than 5µV (no filter). Less than 2.5µV (20Hz - 1000Hz)
- Output impedance: Less than .008 Ω
PS-1 manual v1.pdf (Size: 700.14KB)