Wyred 4 Sound
Sonos Connect - Modified
Sonos Connect upgrades
The SONOS Connect is a fabulous product. Massive amounts of time have spent on design and It has one of the best interfaces around. It's obvious of the efforts put into the functionality of the unit, and not so much into the audio quality. This is where we come in! This is indeed a product worthy of a Wyred 4 Sound modification. We can transform this great product into a killer sonic bargain. Why? Because it's built well, has many bells, but no whistles. We will make up for the last 20% that makes the product a joy to listen to.
This upgrade entirely bypasses the mediocre Cirrius Logic CODAC and the associated high jitter clocks. The mod was designed to integrate the SONOS system into your high end audio system through an external DAC. This new custom board is installed in the SONOS and directly converts the I²S into up-sampled SPDIF. This new ultra clean low jitter signal is now available through both the Coax and Optical digital outputs. The SPDIF output's sample rate can be factory configured to 44.1, 48, 88.2, and 96kHz. We suggest selecting 96kHz.
Some DACs can miss-read the status bits for the proper resolution when outputting the signal at 96kHz causing problems with playback such as listing the incorrect resolution. If a Wyred 4 Sound DAC is being used then the 96kHz will work properly.
"After spending the last several days carefully listening to various music sources, including Deezer FLAC and Apple Lossless from my NAS, I can report that the audio has never sounded so good."
- Austin Jerry, AVSforum.com
- Purchase the upgrade by adding this item to your cart.
- Next, complete the order form and submit payment information.
- After receiving your order and payment information you will receive an email order confirmation with an order number on it.
- Pack your unit in the original factory packaging and write the sales order number clearly on the outside of the box. Include a copy of the sales order that was emailed to you inside the box. You do not need to include accessories such as the power cord, manual, etc.
- Send the package (fully insured with freight prepaid) to our facility. (Check the Contact page for our current address)
- Once your unit is received it will be modified by our technicians on a first come first serve basis. You can check on the status of your upgrade by emailing -firstname.lastname@example.org
- After the unit is upgraded and fully tested it will be returned to you at the address provided on the order form. We will email a completed invoice and tracking number so you can follow the progress of your upgraded SONOS!
***Please be aware that any hardware modification will void the original Sonos warranty and may result in an inability to receive future hardware upgrades to Sonos devices.
Wyred 4 Sound is not affiliated with Sonos, Inc. Sonos and Connect are trademarks or registered trademarks of Sonos,. Inc. in the US and other countries.
The warranty period for the Wyred 4 Sound modded Sonos is one (1) year.
High-end sample rate converter made by TI
- Low jitter clock with less than .5ps jitter
- Low noise power supply for the clock and SR
- Micro processor controller
Input & output digital buffers